FEAD is recruiting a Policy Coordinator - Circular Economy – Legal & Market Issues (to start ASAP)
Based in the heart of Brussels, close to the EU-institutions, FEAD, European Federation of Waste Management and Environmental Services, offers you the opportunity to work with the European trade association representing the waste and resource management industry.
Reporting to the FEAD Secretary General, the successful candidate will play a key role in enhancing the legal dimension of the FEAD’s policy work with a particular focus on EU internal market, competition, environment and waste-related policies.
- Collect, review and disseminate information on policy areas relevant to FEAD members as well as provide the FEAD team with regular updates
- Monitoring EU policy developments and contributing to strategic policy analysis for members
- Co-ordination and organisation of FEAD Committees’ meetings: Material Recovery and Legal & Market Issues
- Drafting of position papers, voting recommendations, briefing notes and other policy material together with the members
- Identifying relevant stakeholders and establishing effective relationships
- Implementing advocacy actions based on adopted priorities
Representing the association in formal and informal meetings and reporting to the Secretary General and to the members
- Communication tasks: preparing and delivering speeches and presentations, participating in the organisation of internal and external events and meetings, social media, FEAD website, FEAD newsletter, relations with the press.
- High level of familiarity with EU environmental law, backed up by relevant academic qualifications, as well as broad knowledge of the EU institutions and procedures
- Strong interest and 2-3 years' experience in environmental issues/waste management policies
- Native or excellent English (written and oral); other language skills are an asset (in particular French and/or German)
- Excellent communication skills
- Fully computer literate
- Ability to take initiatives and adapt in a small and highly motivated team
- Ability to work effectively on several different topics and prioritise workload and time allocations
Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by 25 April 2018, stating ‘Policy Coordinator' in the subject line.
More information about the vacancy can be found here.
The “Plastics Strategy: Challenges and opportunities of recycling” event, was held on 27 February, 16.00 – 19.00, in Brussels! This event was organised as a EURACTIV Forum event supported by FEAD.
Commissioner Vella participated to the event: his speech is available here. He was also interviewed by EURACTIV on the Plastics Strategy: the video is available here.
FEAD Vice-President Cesare Spreafico highlighted the challenges and opportunities of recycling: his speech is available here.
A video of the event, with interviews of the speakers and panellists, is available here. EURACTIV also published an article summarising the discussions of the event, available here.
The photos from the event can be found here.
Commission’s proposals on VAT is an excellent supportive measure to realise circular economy’s goals and benefits
FEAD members consider the VAT rates as a useful instrument to pursue EU’s political, economic and environmental objectives, therefore the private waste and resource management industry welcomes the newly proposed rules by the European Commission to give Member States more flexibility to set Value Added Tax (VAT).
Whereas the European Commission is continuing to explore several routes to boost the demand of recyclates, FEAD strongly believes that fiscal incentives to this regard should also be considered, such as lower or zero VAT rates on products with recycled content.
For more information, click here.