FEAD is recruiting a Policy Coordinator - Circular Economy – Legal & Market Issues (to start ASAP)
Based in the heart of Brussels, close to the EU-institutions, FEAD, European Federation of Waste Management and Environmental Services, offers you the opportunity to work with the European trade association representing the waste and resource management industry.
Reporting to the FEAD Secretary General, the successful candidate will play a key role in enhancing the legal dimension of the FEAD’s policy work with a particular focus on EU internal market, competition, environment and waste-related policies.
- Collect, review and disseminate information on policy areas relevant to FEAD members as well as provide the FEAD team with regular updates
- Monitoring EU policy developments and contributing to strategic policy analysis for members
- Co-ordination and organisation of FEAD Committees’ meetings: Material Recovery and Legal & Market Issues
- Drafting of position papers, voting recommendations, briefing notes and other policy material together with the members
- Identifying relevant stakeholders and establishing effective relationships
- Implementing advocacy actions based on adopted priorities
Representing the association in formal and informal meetings and reporting to the Secretary General and to the members
- Communication tasks: preparing and delivering speeches and presentations, participating in the organisation of internal and external events and meetings, social media, FEAD website, FEAD newsletter, relations with the press.
- High level of familiarity with EU environmental law, backed up by relevant academic qualifications, as well as broad knowledge of the EU institutions and procedures
- Strong interest and 2-3 years' experience in environmental issues/waste management policies
- Native or excellent English (written and oral); other language skills are an asset (in particular French and/or German)
- Excellent communication skills
- Fully computer literate
- Ability to take initiatives and adapt in a small and highly motivated team
- Ability to work effectively on several different topics and prioritise workload and time allocations
Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by 25 April 2018, stating ‘Policy Coordinator' in the subject line.